Once an invoice has been uploaded to the Resolve system, all fields are available to be edited. Once an invoice has been sent through the Resolve system, only certain fields can be edited.
There may be some scenarios where you need to update or replace an invoice PDF. These may include:
- To add or change the PO#, WO#, or SO#
- You've refunded the tax amount due and need to remove it from the itemized invoice
- To update the billing or delivery address
- Other reasons, as requested by your customer
Please note that you cannot edit the invoice $ amount after the invoice is sent. If you'd like to edit the $ amount, please refer to our article on voiding invoices.
If you do not want to void the invoice but need a credit note refund to be issued, please refer to our article on how to request a credit note refund.
How to edit a sent invoice
- Once logged into the Resolve dashboard, please go to the invoices tab and search for the invoice you'd like to edit.
- After finding the invoice you'd like to edit, click on the kebab menu on the right hand side and then click "Edit Invoice"
- A new window will appear, displaying the invoice details and enabling you to modify the following fields: Replace the invoice file, Invoice number, Order number, PO number, and add any notes for the customer.
- After you have updated the fields, you have the option of sending the updated invoice directly to the customer by clicking on the toggle below the invoice details and then saving.
If you have any questions or run into any issues, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com and we will be able to assist you.